Aug 22, 2016

No/Controlling

That's not how this is going to work.

You can't just text me when she's done with you, when she has to go back to her life and you start to get scared that what you've done might be wrong.

I know the moment you find out I've blocked you on instagram. You text me you're sorry for hurting my feelings, that this whole trip was a "poor choice." On your last day. When I am your ride home from the airport. When B is gone, back to her life because she's not going to leave a guy who drives a BMW and lives on a tropical island.

And then you try to be magnanimous. "I'll sleep on the couch for however long it takes."

No.

You don't get to choose your consequences. You don't get to tell me how to be mad at you. You don't get to tell me what kind of crime you think you did and then choose the punishment you think fits.

You lied to me. You straight up lied to me and said you'd meet her for lunch, maybe. Then you posted pictures, so you wanted to get caught. You shoved her in my face, left and right. She's in your cover photo on Facebook! You confessed to the 3 day trip with her. You've lied over and over more times than I can count on my fingers and toes. You checked out on our relationship and expect me to be here working on it for you when you get back.

You expect to walk on me like the doormat I've been for you for the last two years.

And you're sorry for "hurting my feelings."

I found some autonomy and some self respect today.

You're not sleeping on the couch. What couch?

No comments:

Post a Comment